Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 14

Following up on last post, another favorite phrase of mine is "I love love".
It may sound doofy, but i love it. Because it's true.

I Love Love.


And as such, I really love Valentines Day. 

No holiday can really compare to Christmas, but if I had a second favorite it would most definitely be Valentines, in all it's cheesy glory. This year I was thinking back on past valentines, and wondering where my love for February 14 started...Maybe it was when i was given 4 different valentines from 4 different boys in 6th grade..? Or because of all the red, pink, and heart shaped goodies in the grocery stores?
Maybe it was because my mom always gave me a valentine? Or because I really love chocolate?
Or maybe it was because I had my first kiss/ hand hold at the Valentines dance sophomore year?

(yes, he held my hand and kissed me for the first time this very night :)

And then had the following valentines with the same dream date?
Valentines Day 2007 & 2008

 Or maybe it's because there are usually pretty flowers involved?

Or because i got a delicious sugar cookie in the mail from second favorite mom 4 years in a row?

Whatever the reason, I just love Valentines Day. It is a holiday to show your love, and I love love! 
Many people have given me a hard time and told me how Valentines is really more like a depressing singles awareness day... But that's just it- I love Valentines day not because I have a boyfriend or husband to spend it with, (although that is a nice treat!) but because it is a reminder to express love. It gives us a reason to think about all the people in our lives we love, and show them!

It's a reason to mail a care package to your dear friend in France


 and decorate your apartment


It's a reason to make your roommates feel special
(and dye your breakfast pink!)

It's a reason to send cute messages to your cute missionary

and make tasty treats


It's a reason to dress in your Valentine's best with your best friends



 and paint your nails cutesy


It's a reason to do 14 days of love for your love leading up to the big day

and then make a fun double sided poster to surprise your valentine at his game

 It is just a day that gives us a reason to celebrate love- and i love it.

This year was especially loveable as it was my first Vday with a husband... and I sure do love him!! I'm so thankful to feel loved every single day, and February 14, 2013 was no exception. Although it was quite a busy day with work school and basketball, it was still a perfect Valentines Day.





Thank you to everyone who has made me feel loved my whole life, and given me a reason to happily celebrate Valentines Day year after year.

And special thanks to my forever valentine- I love you Robbie Jordan!


4 comments:

  1. Mindy you are the cutest person I think I know, I loved this post, you and robbie are honestly so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw you are so sweet Jana! thank you. we think you guys are the cutest little family ever!

      Delete
  2. oh my, you two are so cute. i forgot how far back you go! how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my CUTENESS! i love this post. glad i found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete